Making a big batch of healthy eats for the entire week is critical to getting thru the busy week. These Turkey Muffins by Jamie Eason have been a staple in my diet, as well as my clients when they are competing in the Ohio Body Transformation Challenge. It packs in protein, hides some veggies and is low in calories – makes for the perfect afternoon snack or even an appetizer at a holiday party – in which you use a mini muffin tin instead!
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
- Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
- Bake for 40 minutes.